Thunderstruck

posted on: Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2 months ago, on a fateful day, with a fateful phone call (actually 7 consecutive fateful phone calls), I won tickets to the AC/DC show. Believe it or not, this is the 2nd time in my life that I've won concert tickets on the radio. The first time was to a Gwen Stefani/Akon concert...AND I won a meet & greet with Akon for me and a friend. I was gonna take Johanna. It was gonna be fabulous. We were gonna give that Akon a run for his money. Then he dry humped some 14-year-old girl in Trinidad and pissed a lot of people off---rightfully so. So Verizon pulled their funding from the tour, and somehow, the "me and a friend" turned into just me. Having nothing to say to Akon by myself, I forfeited my prize, and just went to the show. It was awesome nonetheless.

THIS time, in addition to the tickets, I also won a $100 gift certificate to this restaurant: www.nacional27.net. I'm saving the dinner for another date night, because AC/DC was awesome enough all on its own.

Here's proof:


a train...a huge train. keep watching...




















This is Rosie. She rides the train. Nobody does larger-than-life blow-up dolls quite like AC/DC. And there's Angus Young. Half naked. Flawless.















Highway to Hell, baby.

I'd have to say my favorite song was Thunderstruck. If only because watching Angus shred the guitar with one hand during the intro was just so freakin inspiring. The buildup and the crowd singing along...whew. Gave me chills. Well done, AC/DC. Well done.

Live music. I can't imagine life without it. I'm sure I'll wax poetic about it at some other date.
Stay tuned.

1 comments:

  1. I'm jealous. I've tired to win tickets on the radio numerous times before. How do you do it?

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger