Five Months Later...

posted on: Monday, March 1, 2010


I've been a bad blogger. Absentee blogger is more like it. Forgive me. I warned you about this in the beginning.

Hopefully, the beginning of March and the beginning of my Family Medicine (translation: cake) rotation will both help me boost my frequency to weekly blogs at the very LEAST. I've always been a fan of beginning at the beginning. For example, even though I'm not Catholic, I like to fast from something for Lent. It reminds me to pray daily, and builds discipline. However, for the past two years, I've missed Ash Wednesday. I mean, I lived through it, but just forgot the significance of the day. And having missed it, I decided not to fast for Lent. For me, fasting for 39 days just doesn't carry the same significance as fasting for 40, so I'd just rather not do it at all. Same thing with all my habits. I have this thing about wanting to wait for a day that MEANS something, so that I can begin something fresh on it. Be it journalling, or working out, or...blogging.

We'll see how this goes.

A lot has happened in my life lately. I finished 3 more rotations and am now beginning my LAST rotation of my 3rd year of medical school. I got engaged. Ya know, little stuff. Speaking of getting engaged, the start of this rotation also holds another small bit of significance. This rotation lasts 3 months. And on the last day of this rotation (May 21, to be exact), Nick and I leave for Italy to get married! I've said it once, and I'll say it again. Excited doesn't BEGIN to cover it.

So, I'll try--really, really hard--to keep up this time. If only for the catharsis that blogging provides.

1 comments:

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger