Following Suit...

posted on: Thursday, May 13, 2010

In keeping with 24-hour-old traditions established by my iFriend Sarah Tucker (since we've never met face to face...someday. she is my internet romance.) and my dearFriend Emily Collins (em&em...melt in your mouth, not in your hand), here are a few of my favorite dresses. I decided to stick with dresses I actually own, and exclude the ones I have borrowed. I am a huge borrower of dresses, as I discovered today. Acceptable? Yes, I think so.

Here we go.



This is a Laundry by Shelli Segal. It is actually my very first "real" dress, purchased my freshman year of college. It took me a while to feel okay with being a girl. Sorry, world, for the delay. But now I'm out. And I'm proud! (the girl in the lovely fur is a Texan sister of one of my brother's friends. she supplied the flask for the wedding we were attending that night. we were obviously instant friends. can't remember her name though.)



A close-up of the very same. Me and my dashing little brother. As you can see, the "little" moniker may be a tad misleading.



This is a slinky little number from that classiest of classy shops, Express. Blue is my favorite color. And satin is a favorite fabric. The combination of the two make it easy to love. I have even braved Chicago winters in this dress with tights and boots. A sacrifice for fashion, let me tell you. Warm, my friends, satin is not.



I love love love this dress. Though now, I have to have a few cocktails before I can legitimately wear it out in public without tights. It is my first dVf (Diane von Furstenberg, for those not savvy), purchased at Nordstrom Rack for a steal of a price. Alas, it met its match in my washing machine, who acrimoniously shrunk it. It is still my happiest of sexy dresses, but the short dress/long legs combo leaves little to the imagination. Never fear friends. I am brave. Especially with gin and tonic on board.



This was my wedding dress for the Great Wedding Smorgasbord circa Summer 2009. It was a gift from the one and only Tiffany M Jezek (who is now with child, God bless her), and it is a Betsey Johnson. Confession: all of my Betseys may or may not have come from TMJ. Additional Confession: this dress accentuates my boobs in all their glory, ergo, it is Nick's favorite of all my dresses. He's a simple man. Above, Nick and I are kickin it at Susanna Lewis McMillan's wedding. Below, I am flirting with a stone lion at Katherine Sharkey Prudhomme's wedding. Note: I am using a fancy photog trick and making the background B&W so my pink dress looks more fancy. There is not a huge gray stain on my dress. I am not Monica Lewinsky.



Last but not least, I have a new-found appreciation for dresses that are white. :) The dress below is one of my latest acquisitions...purchased in the NYC with Emily Collins by my side and cheering me on all the way. I went to visit Emily for her birthday, and it was on this most fortunate of trips that I discovered INA. At this fabulous store, I snagged a flawless pair of Marc Jacobs flats, and my bridal shower/bachelorette party dress. It's a Sheri Bodell. Without further ado...



The lovely lady by my side is none other than my mother, Bryn Morrison Kreidel. Clearly you can see where I get my good looks. :)

These are my current favorites, but there is a new, white little number that's climbing the charts. She'll make her debut in 15 days!...

3 comments:

  1. you are HOT! how i love them all but that bachelorette party dress has got to be my fave!! I can't wait to see your wedding dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much and would like to think that I may or may not have had a hand in the choosing of not just one but all of the dresses listed above, since of course our fashion stories (all of our fashion savviness) was fashioned together at a ripe young age and grew from there. You didn't know what a fancy dress was until you met me, and I didn't know what a one-piece was until I met you and yet here we are all grown up embracing fashion. I am thankful for the influence that fact has had on the both of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your wedding pictures Em! You'll look beautiful

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger