Adventures in Milwaukee (Oct. Weekend #1)

posted on: Friday, October 22, 2010

I know this was weeks ago (3 to be exact), but in an attempt to catch you all up on life here in the newly established Fleming household, I divulge...

As I informed you before, Nick and I went to Farm Aid. Now, if you're anything like me, your experience with farms is limited to a producer-consumer relationship, with the occasional apple picking or pumpkin patch...and you would have little reason to know about Farm Aid.  To be honest, I really just wanted to go see Band of Horses--which, I'm somewhat ashamed to say, I couldn't go see as a headliner, since I married someone who isn't a huge fan--so I was looking for a way to disguise a BoH concert with someone that Nick would want to go see. Like Neil Young. Or John Mellencamp. Or Willie Nelson (Farm Aid founder, God bless him).


Or Steven Tyler. Surprise guest!

So back to the story of how we got to Farm Aid...it's short: I bought tickets. And we went. Much to my chagrin, we (translation: Nick) were so enthralled with our Lakefront Brewery tour, that we were late to Farm Aid and MISSED Band of Horses. Nick owes me big. And I'm okay with this. And here's another shot from Lakefront Brewery.

He's sorry.
I know I'm really jumping around in this story, but back to the concert...

I've shown you the major highlights...except for one: Lukas Nelson.

Rocking. Out.

I like to fancy that living in Chicago has given me a greater appreciation for the blues than the average bear. Interpret that as you will. And whether you choose to take my word on it or not, Lukas Nelson is the shit. I could listen to him shred that guitar all day. And I did. I was there. Watching that video. But it was in real life.

Okay. Enough about the wicked awesome musician. Back to Milwaukee.

The many faces of moi.
It was a cloudy day, but this did not stop the hubs from getting a little shutter happy. I tried to oblige.

Getting artsy in the alleyway.
This is a summary of the various beverages we sampled in this, the capital city of brewing beer. As you can see, we did not limit ourselves to beer.


And finally, since it REALLY felt like fall this weekend, here's a shot of me enjoying my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season. Like, REALLY enjoying it.

too excited?
That's all for tonight, lovelies! Stay tuned as I attempt to catch up...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Emily, I always enjoy reading ANYTHING you have to say!! And you and your hubby are ridiculously adorable!! GREAT photos!!! Glad you had such a nice time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog and think it is TOO cute! Can't wait to read more...;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl, I'm obsessed with your oversized broach! I made one similar and just posted to my blog, also snagged a pic of your beautiful face and featured you as you were my inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger