Since I've Been Gone

posted on: Monday, October 18, 2010

Well, my dears...I was doing pretty well there for a while. The blog was updated, and much to my surprise, I had faithful readers. If you're all gone, I don't blame you. It's been a while.

I've been a busy, busy girl. Busier than usual. Which is saying something. Everything I've been up to deserves its own post, but I don't want to overwhelm anyone, so here's a taste of what's to come:

First October Weekend- Farm Aid 25:

See? Farm Aid 25
I know. Not the most exciting picture. The exciting ones are coming later. This is a teaser post. Just so we're clear. (:

Brewery Tour in Milwaukee. I'm looking very guilty here. Don't worry. I don't feel guilty.

Tied up into the Farm Aid post will be Nick and Emily's Adventures in Milwaukee. They're brief. But it happened.

Second October Weekend- Farewell Brother

To be honest, this is a large part of the reason why my blogging has been remiss. Since I found out in early October that yes, my baby brother is *actually* going to Afghanistan. For a year. Starting today. (He's in the Air Force--as am I, incidentally--did I mention that already?)

Enter me having a slight nervous breakdown. Much better fodder for my therapist than my blog. No offense, I find it very cathartic to share my life/thoughts/emotions with total strangers. But I thought this might be a bit much for our budding relationship to withstand.
The Bro-heim. In his WWI uniform hat. (Not actually part of his current uniform.)

We do, indeed, love each other.
Third October Weekend- Bestie's Baby Shower:

Holding up the world.
My bestie, Meghan (seen above with a few of my other besties), is with child. Annaleigh Jane, who will be arriving in January, needed some loot...so we showered her with some.

Hubs came to Hot-lanta too, and we spent the next day on Lake Lanier...one of the very best days I've had in many moons. Many photos were taken, but here's one for now.
In your FACE
Some people blog about their weekend. I blogged about my month.
Does this make me ambitious?
Or a slacker?
You decide...

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this, Emily!! Even if you only post once a month, I'll keep reading!! :) Your brother is adorable. I'll keep him in my prayers. And what? You're in the AF? I must have missed that!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger