Everything and Nothing At Once

posted on: Monday, November 15, 2010

here are a few random things you should know about me. 
maybe should is a stretch.
but you will know them anyway.

1. i am obsessed with shaving my legs. like, for real. i can count on one hand the number of times i have missed a day...since i started shaving at age 11. i have already informed my hubs that my first big expense when we start residency and earn paychecks, will be laser hair removal.

he is okay with this.

2. when i was a kid, i used to weed through the apples in the fruit bowl--usually of the Granny Smith variety--inspecting the texture and the color of the skin. looking for the signs i had come to recognize as depicting an apple that tasted the perfect combination of sour and sweet. 

now, i have discovered an apple variety that is consistently perfect: the Honey Crisp.

3. i just finished reading "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo". very enthralling and entertaining read. it's set in Sweden. due to the book, and the fact that i've been living out of a hotel room for a month, i have recently been frequenting the IKEA website, looking for design inspiration for our little shoebox apartment once we get back to Chicago. along with this site, and this one, and this one.

4. i have discovered that yes, you can indeed get sick of Mexican food.

5. 2010 has been a big year for me and the internet. via my iPhone, i took it with me to Italy during our wedding festivities. and now, it lets me Google-chat (Gchat for short. if you're a cool kid.) with my brother in Afghanistan whenevs. like just now. while typing this post. he said, "happy ikhtar!"

i have no idea what that means. but i'm going to go "wiki it" now. which is what he told me to do when i asked what it meant.

ciao!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely HATE shaving my legs. Such a pain. AND, I completely disagree about getting sick of Mexican food. I could eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner every single day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, you are so darn cute and funny!!! The bit about leg shaving cracked me up... I am so not like that!! I hate shaving my legs!!

    I see you're going home Friday!! I wish you very safe travels!! Sorry we didn't get to meet up... maybe someday! ;) Have a wonderful day girl!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger