no words

posted on: Wednesday, December 15, 2010

well....maybe just a few.

but no pictures.

today was one of the coolest, most surreal, most exhausting days of my life to date.
and it is because it was so exhausting that there are no pictures.

the long and short of it is, i got a job today.
a job that i've been training for, for almost 4 years.
because, you see, when you graduate from med school, you are officially a "doctor".
but no state will actually let you practice medicine until you complete a residency in some specialty (or in general medicine, if you don't wanna do a specialty. either way. residency is required.)
and today, i got selected for a residency.
!!!

it has been a loooong process.
two board exams (so far. i take the third one tomorrow.).
28 applications.
countless interviews.
and months of waiting.
today i found out that they picked *me*.

my entire medical school career has been preparing me for TODAY. 
and life worked out for me today in a huge way. 
or, as i prefer to think of it, God finally clued me into the plan for the next couple years.

so i will be moving to San Antonio, and hopefully the hubs will join me. (:
(we find out for sure in march)
and i'll be a resident at my top choice program.

there just aren't words to describe this feeling.
it's just awesome.
take my lack-of-word for it.

8 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! So exciting...not to mention a huge relief, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!! i remember going through this day with my hubby, we were so nervous. i'm pretty sure i cried when he opened his envelope. so, so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats darling! i'm a 3rd year pre med student and i cannot wait till i'm where you are at right now. you inspire me. i'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations girl! that is AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!!! I wanna know more details. which specialty??

    know it isn't the reason you're going but San Antonio is gorgeous. the hot air ballooooons. that's a dream of mine (:

    Congrats Again!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats!! i found your blog via 'fairy tale dreams'...now following. my boyfriend is in his first year of residency in chicago and the whole match process was so crazy! i am glad you got into somewhere you wanted to go. san antonio will be so warm! good luck :) xoxo jcd
    http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger