some things...

posted on: Friday, April 8, 2011

i'm tired of being cold.
maybe this makes me whiny.
but it's still true.

my glorious tan that i worked to hard to develop in Florida is fading away.
my poor feet haven't felt fresh air in 2 weeks.
the sky is constantly grey.
no.
sun.

so to battle it all,
i'm dreaming of warmer things.

[via]
this little Limoncello Champagne Cocktail has got my name allll over it.
yours is on it too.
here's how:
INGREDIENTS
  • 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
  • 1/4 cup limoncello
  • 2 tablespoons sugar plus additional for dipping Champagne flutes
  • Lemon peel strips from 1 lemon
  • 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice plus 1 lemon wedge
  • 1 cup (about) chilled Champagne or sparkling wine
PREPARATION
Place mint, limoncello, 2 tablespoons sugar, and lemon strips in blender; blend until mint is finely chopped (lemon peel will be coarsely chopped), 10 seconds. Strain into small cup; discard solids. Run lemon wedge around rim of 2 Champagne flutes. Dip rims into sugar. Divide limoncello mixture and lemon juice between flutes. Top with Champagne.

[recipe via]

the happiest shirt
yes please. to all of it.
let's just pretend that's me.
all above images via my pinterest.
p.s. i'm mildly addicted to pinterest.
are you privy?

if not, let me know.
there might be an invitation situation that you need to be able to get on board
but i'm happy to oblige
so that you, too, can spend countless hours dreaming and pinning your life away
(medicine, what?)

in other news, it is supposed to be 67 degrees tomorrow. 
fingers crossed!

9 comments:

  1. that drink looks so refreshing.
    I now totally want to paint my car red, turn it into a boat, and go sailing. In that girl's bikini. Ok, not HER bikini ('cause that would be creepy) but one that looks like hers. Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sending sunny thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i thought i left a comment, but i guess it didn't save. here goes attempt 2.

    just read my last post and you will see that i know exactly how you feel. dreaming of warm weather too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. guess who just bought that shirt from zara? guess who is wearing it in portugal as we speak? me.

    winning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are gonna be dreaming of Chicago once you experience summer in San Antonio!! Lol!! It's already in the 80's and 90's here!!!

    Love all these pictures. I just recently became aware of Pinterest, and I'm terrified. I don't need another way to waste time on the Internet. My husband already hates me as it is. *sigh*

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i need that limoncello concoction right now!

    and you KNOW i'm into pinning. so addicting!

    it'll warm up in Chicago soooooon... i hope?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just tried a dress on yesterday and got a look at my legs...whoa nelly they need a tan!! Like stat; I can't go to a bridal shower with legs that look like this. And I'm against tanning beds..hmmmm. Definitely not quite warm enough for a real tan yet..

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was gunna say, 'isnt that the shirt that stupid portugal meg is wearing in her fb pics' - stupid. slash love it. slash jealous. slash enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that cocktail looks sooo good. we need some sun to go with it :)

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger