Antalya

posted on: Tuesday, June 28, 2011

it's about time for another adventures-of-nick-&-emily travel post, dontcha think?
me too.


so after Göreme and the region of Cappadocia
we took another overnight bus down to the coastal town of Antalya
the ambien didn't work quite like a charm on this bus trip
hence the total lack of pictures of me.
(didn't you get enough yesterday? i thought so.)
another sneak attack shot. it's not centered very well, but it's quirky and i like it.
 we spent most of our time in Kaleici
which is the "old town" part of Antalya
so Antalya has this bay/harbor area. not bad, Antalya. not bad.

"i pledge allegiance, to the flag"








they let him out eventually.




holy deliciousness.
 not sure what those delectable treats were actually called,
but we dubbed them "honey balls"
there's pastry. and honey. and crumbled up pistachio.
oh. em. gee.







lamb cheeks. wish i was kidding. but they were every bit as good as they look.

Turkey's version of Bolognese. the Italians still have the corner on the pasta market. but valiant effort, Turkey.
i was completely bewitched by Antalya.
you can hopefully see why

not pictured:
-the massive nap we took (like i said, rough all-night bus ride)
-getting hassled by tour boat operators who kept saying Nick could bring his "girlfriend" for bery good price
-spending an evening in a Turkish bath getting "the works" (ask me what that entails. i dare you.)
-haggling with a hotel owner for an even cheaper price for an already cheap hotel #classy
-buying Sumac (look into it. it'll change your life.)
 -playing "Amazing Race" with the Canadian/Aussie couple that tailed us from Istanbul, to Goreme, to Antalya (sadly, they kicked our tails. Canadian homegirl was johnny-on-the-spot with the Booking.com hotel reservations. "flying by the seat of your pants" philosophy did not work in our favor here.)
-me.

12 comments:

  1. looove it!! also, i love that you were playing "amazing race" with another couple ... that's my dream! :) hehe! im going to europe this summer for the first time (ok, i've been to spain once) and i can't wait to see how different it is from latin america! (where ive been about 8 times!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey is calling to me. Must.go.now.
    I mean, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about what in the world "the works" means.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos! I love how you take mostly detail shots like architecture, walls, doors and flowers. They are the best!

    The honey balls look so yummy.

    Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ummm your pics are gorgeous. So are those honey balls.

    Can you pleeeease tell me what camera you're using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. pictures are amazing.

    and i want to know what the works means. because i always accept a dare.

    bam

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg what gorgeous pictures! looks like a fabulous vacation : )

    cute blog - i'm your newest follower
    cheers!
    cailen
    www.cailenascher.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love all of your pictures!!! So bright and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. gorgeousssss.

    and honeyballs of pistachio goodness ... i need them in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, beautiful!!! So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, these photos are incredible. must take trip there asap. i love taking pics of doors too, it's so amazing to think of all the types of people who have passed through them at one point or another. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm going back and catching up on your archives since I'm a fairly new reader, but your amazing race comment cracked me up! My BF and I always pretend we're on Amazing Race during our travels (we currently live in Madrid, Spain).

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger