untitled

posted on: Thursday, August 25, 2011

that title may be misleading you to think that the contents of this post
are much more mysterious than they actually are.

in truth,
i just didn't know what to title it.

today is my last day of vacation until december
i've been walking around like i'm walking the plank or something
i'm actually stoked to be going back to work in the ER tomorrow
but i'm definitely dreading the 4 solid months of work
or work in general, for that matter
staying home and decorating
and blogging
and baking
and laying poolside
reading for fun
suits me quite fine thankyouverymuch

but alas, medicine is my calling
so back to work i go.

last weekend i went to Atlanta again
(it's really my second home)
and celebrated the engagements of two of my besties
(not to each other)
classiest damn margarita fixin's mine eyes have evah seen


favors. such classy wedding colors. well done, mellie

extra dose of classy with a penis cake. it was red velvet. go ahead. picture it.


the spread. i discovered some girls don't eat at parties. i am NOT one of those girls.


the beautiful bride! practicing with a baby. and a giant penis cup.
 Melody (i call her mellie and she's okay with that) will be happily wed
on november 5th
she is my longest-running friendship
which speaks poorly for me since we met freshman year of college
(i wasn't very popular prior to age 18)
it's just obscene.

me and that baby's momma. totally looks like she just had a kid, right?

we strung up all the goodies Mellie got. made a delightful piece of artwork.

blurry bffs.
 they're so lucky to have each other in atlanta
i'm insanely jealous.
3-of-4 sisters. aren't they just ridiculous?

shoulda sucked in a bit more. 
 i know you've seen Susanna on this blog before
and here she is again
get used to it
i like her, okay?
sweet bebe annaleigh

me and Rachie! the other blushing bride of the weekend.
 just brunching.
on a monday.
totally normal activity for young professionals to undergo
that's Rachel up there
she's getting married in Cali on march 31st
i'm a bridesmaid
and she's hired my wedding photog
excited doesn't begin to cover it.
me and susanna. moments after i devoured the largest breakfast known to man.


my graduation present to myself makes its blog debut (:
 remember when i said i wanted this ring?
well.
i bought it.
for myself.
i always told myself i would treat myself to a right-hand ring
when i "arrived" as a successful career woman
in my book, graduating from medical school
qualifies me as having "arrived"
so i did it.
and i'm not sorry. it's beautiful.
just two of my very favorite blondes
 they may or may not be coffee addicts.
i'm a freaking doctor and i got the jitters
couldn't handle the to-go cup.
clearly i'm an amateur.
trying out vintage doo-rags

me. ombre'd.
 so then i got back from atlanta
and decided to ombre my hair
the effect was slightly more subtle than i was going for
but apparently when you dye your hair dark for years
that makes it slightly difficult to dye it blonde later on
i'll work on a more stunning effect for you next time
i was like, thrilled to be taking self-portraits. of myself. clearly.
 now i'm watching Grey's Anatomy
psyching myself up for tomorrow
(since clearly watching GA is more effective than actually reading a textbook)
(how do you think i got through medical school?)
i'm also baking a cake
and drinking wine
and blogging

i'm a doomed woman
gotta live it up while i can

6 comments:

  1. hahaha i tell myself the same thing when i watch grey's... it's one of my many learning processes lol.

    LOVE the ring em!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love that ring. way to treat yourself. you deserve it. i think i deserve something as a grad gift..

    im thinking a puppy.

    i am so jealous of all your food, drink, friend adventures.

    i say this as i lay in bed, still, at 1 in the afternoon...having only woken up an hour ago..whilst you are in the ER..working...

    ReplyDelete
  3. that ring is GORGEOUS! And the picture with the bride-to-be, the penis cup and the baby is hysterical.

    Love the new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that ring. I'm going to start making a list of potential grad school graduation gifts to myself... i'm thinking a DVF wrap dress is going to top that list.

    My wedding colors were grey and yellow and after seeing those favors.... can I go back in time?? I could have done it so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ring is beyooootiful. Way to go!
    Also, I am glad you put in the pictures of the penis shaped things. I feel like they are just necessary at bridal things, as long as they are balanced out by some class. No shame in penis shaped gag gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well documented my dear! I haven't even loaded my pictures yet you you're a few steps ahead of me. You tell that ER who's boss!!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger