gradjamacation

posted on: Wednesday, September 14, 2011

we graduated.
months ago.
but it was still pretty sweet.
and we wouldn't be where we are today without that mah-jor event
(as Rachel Zoe would say)
thanks for the parking garage photo, mom.
warning:
when you give your mother your camera
(which, incidentally, she has no idea how to use)
she will take approximately one million photos
(and you will be able to use 0.01% of them) 

love you, mom.
(:
quickie iPhone pic while waiting to line up. The Doctors Fleming, everyone.

nick wasn't ready.

he's all smirky and "i'm a doctor, check me out"

YES. there were bagpipes.

it's offish. and yes, my first name is mary.

me and Murray, my papa-in-law.

father and son. 
 Nick totally looks like a more Italian version of his dad.
makes sense.
since his mom is Italian, and threw that extra dash of italiano in there
after the deed was done.

nick didn't get the "look this way" memo.
we had both of our families represented
nick's dad
my mom
it was just the right amount.
i can't even imagine how psychotic the day would've been 
if my entire gaggle of bros and sis's had showed
(p.s. my mom, looking fab in her mustard sweater. who picked that one out, mom? (; ) 
15 takes. this is the only one where we're all looking the same direction.
 my med school support group
(above pic)
Jen and Julie got me through 4th year
Jen's in my class
and is now a Family Medicine resident in Chicago
Julie is a (lucky) PA and graduated last year
now she's making the big bucks in Gyn-Onc
(below pic)
Jen, again
(you've seen her before..and Julie, and Quick)
and Quick (that's her last name. and what we call her. real name is Melissa.)
Quick was gone almost all year
doing away rotations in DC and NYC
and now she's a Family Medicine resident in NYC
(who was on call the night that NYU shut down their biggest hospital in fear of Hurricane Irene so she got all their patients. come on, Irene.)
couldn't all look at the camera. too tough for us doctors.

me and Foster. sweetie that he is. 
Foster and the Flemings
 Foster is Nick's med school bestie
and possibly one of the smartest peeps i know
he's an ENT surgery resident in Detroit
we're buying him a gun for Christmas
Melody came!
remember Melody?
she just got engaged.
but she wasn't in this pic.
she was in town for a wedding and got to come watch me walk
pretttty awesome.
p.s. how HUGE is my gown?
ridin sidesaddle
 four years of med school.
walking by that damn pony every day
always wanted to hop on and ride it
but was too chicken.
decided graduation day was my day.
they can't squeeze any more tuition or fees outta me.


nick and my pretty mama


and they lived happily ever after...
so there ya have it.
pictorial proof.
we're legit.
too legit to quit.

14 comments:

  1. i think you're the most attractive doctor i've ever seen.
    and that INCLUDES meredith grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg i want your legz!!

    Congrats The Doctors Fleming!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! You are just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wahoo, no more school! Bravo for graduating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so awesome! graduation is huge. and let's just talk about how jealous I am reading this post about you and all your doctor friends. holy heck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously how hot are you?? you could have totally been in greys. (you know, because its real).

    I kinda loved hearing what each friend ended up doing. im such a medical junky nerd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh these pictures are all so awesome and exciting! I seriously love the picture of you on that pony! Your outfit is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a couple!!! It is so great you were able to share that day together!!! (along with many more awesome things to come!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hello legs. i would give my fetus for those. you are the best looking doctor of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. amazingness! love it! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. glad you finally rode the pony

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need my legs to look like yours, please. My pants would fit better, fo sho. Also, my first name is Sara. Don't you love being a confusing person who doesn't go by their first name?

    ReplyDelete
  13. too legit to quit.

    LOVE IT - great pics, you guys are so adorbs and clearly smart, too - nice! :) "dash of italiano" hehe

    ReplyDelete
  14. shut up. that is not what your hubs looks like. shut. up.

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger