happy thanksgiving!

posted on: Wednesday, November 23, 2011

  turkeys were harmed in the making of this post.
there aren't even any food photos.
(wait till tomorrow. oh. there WILL be food. and photos of it.)

this is just me.
getting ready to hit the road to Austin.
we're spending Turkey Day with my mom's family
who will allll be there.
one big (mostly) happy family.
there is talk of deep frying a turkey.
my job will be to prevent emergency room visits potentially caused by that activity.

it's only an hour-ish to Austin
but i like to be comfy when i ride.
here's an outfit inspired by Pinterest:
i'm packing in the background.
leggings:J.Crew  shirt:Anthro  socks:Target   scarf:found in a lecture hall
boots:Frye. 
(happy end-of-CCU to me)

peekaboo.
of course, now i can't find the original "Pin" that set me off
oh well.
i guess that makes ME original.
bwahahaha.

here's something else that happened today:

apparently, spending your entire life in the CCU
somehow makes you justify spending $14 on nail polish
hey, what else are disposable incomes for?
this isn't going to last forever.
eventually there will be loans to pay back
and babies to be had.
but for now,
nail polish.


who DOESN'T want their nails to look like disco balls?
i mean, come on.

happy thanksgiving!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you found that scarf in a lecture hall. Totally something I can see myself doing. I just got a pair of frye boots. I LOVE them. And loans are a pain in the you know what. Seriously. But, I can still manage some nail poish, but only the $8 crap, LOL.

    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love your rings.

    and what a lucky lecture-hall find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. forget the nail polish, let's talk about your gorg ring! <3 it. happy thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought some glittery nail polish last week for a bachelorette party and I'm wearing it again this weekend. Sorry if I want to go back to my teenage years.
    Love the outfit - super cute! And your ring! I guess I've never seen a close-up pic of it - SO gorg!!!
    Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahah i love finding clothes in lecture halls. its awesome. free ish. totally legit.

    and i love that nail polish. i wish you could send yourself out here for my b day so we could dress up and drink wine together..and by wine i mean hard alcohol.

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger