28

posted on: Tuesday, January 3, 2012

[via]
today is my birthday.
28 years old.

last year, i celebrated finding love
i got married
with two ceremonies in Italy
then we celebrated stateside six weeks later
so it really felt like we were getting married all year.

this year, i celebrated finding myself.
i matched into an Emergency Medicine residency
and am now fulfilling a 12-year dream of becoming a doctor
i work in place where i am challenged daily,
praised for my performance,
and encouraged to be even better.

i have a husband that i am deeply in love with
who isn't threatened by my success
but instead thrives on it
and spurs me on towards excellence
and is there for me, understanding, at the end of a long day
we support each other
and cherish the little time we get to spend together.
it's a beautiful and rare time that i know i'll always look back on and be thankful for.

i have a family that loves me,
knows where i've come from,
and has given me freedom to pursue my dream
even though it means they have to miss me a lot of the time.

i have friends all over the country
who love me from a distance
and give me excuses to travel all over to visit them
and who are constantly telling me they believe in me
it's priceless.

i am part of a community of bloggers
who are incredibly supportive
of me pouring forth my stream of consciousness onto the internet
and echo many of my hopes and fears
making the world feel smaller and more cozy.
i love that.
[via]
27 was a phenomenal year of coming into my own
in so many ways.
i have more confidence than i've ever had
and a peace that comes with knowing that i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be
doing what i was created to do
loving who i was intended to love.

28,
you have some big shoes to fill
here's to you.
make me proud.

cheers, darlin

20 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday pretty girl!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. happiest of birthday wishes to you! have a lovely day (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! It sounds like you have truly been blessed :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love this post. (And that fantastic lipstick in the last picture!!) Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheers to you! Found your blog through Across The Pond over the holidays. All the best, bir'day girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you're having a happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy happy birthday!! I hope 28 treats you just as great as 27 did (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a Jan. birthday too! (the 25th, I am turning 22) Happy Birthday Emily, and may it be a beautiful year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a fantastic year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. happy happy birthday.

    i'm thinking 28 is your year... and if you like treats and packages (who doesnt?), send me your address and I'll send a little blogger love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday!! Hope 28 is a great year... though it sounds as though it might be tough to beat 27. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, Happy Birthday! Cheers to an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy happy happy birthday em! you've had a great year and more great things to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! Hope 28 is the best year yet!

    Love & Lollies... Jessa

    Confessions of the Cupcake Countessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this post! Really great! I totally agree that the blogging community makes the world feel much smaller. It's refreshing. Happy Belated Birthday! Here's to a fantastic year ahead and many more birthdays sista!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. so proud of you. Happiest of birthdays! (again..ive obviously hit all the social media networks). love love you.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. HAppy Birthday!

    Just found your blog (in my reader now!) and I love the way you wrote this post. Lots of things to celebrate!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger