outfit post: in pieces

posted on: Monday, February 20, 2012

life in the ICU is crazy, y'all.
i've been working like a dog for 14 hours a day
keeping people alive and taking names
battling the ever-hostile Internal Medicine environment
and dealing with a barrage of venomous hatred directed toward Emergency Medicine at large
primarily being channeled through me.
yay.

basically they hate my guts.
best working atmosphere imaginable, right?

but press on, i must.
tonight i start nights.
so i went to lunch with a friend
(read: i actually got dressed.)


 this is the second time i've worn my wellies on a blustery day
that has actually turned out to be pretty sunny.
and warm.
leaving me looking ridiculous in my rain boots.
awesome.






oh hey there
i'm forced to take self-portraits
because my husband is all snap, snap, i'm out.
he takes like 1.5 crappy pictures and then refuses to take any more.
and don't worry.
your eyes aren't bad. these are just out of focus.
apparently i take crappy pictures too.

oh well.

here's what i'm wearing, if you're curious:
wellies- Hunter; cords- Gap; sweater/ruffled shirt/belt- J.crew
(can you tell this is my favorite sweater?)

i'm grumpy today.
i'm not looking forward to living like a vampire all week.
grrr.

11 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, I do not hate your guts.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hang in there. you're saving lives so at least you know youll have a really great spot in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that happens to me all the time with wellies. whatever. i love them.

    i mean, i really don't like my job and i don't save lives. i think i might actually ruin them. argh,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute outfit! Glad you were able to enjoy regular clothes before your night shift starts! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh yes... but I'd rather go into emergency med than internal med anyday. which is what i'm going to do! :) cute outfit. i love j.crew so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your style! I finally broke down and got a pair of Hunters! I got them in black, but i'm loving the colored ones! Hope your week goes by fast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Busy lady!! Well I am glad you dressed up...and I know how you feel about having to take your own pictures...my Mr. is impatient taking my pictures too...:*(

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really think that your husband and mine would be bffs. Also, adorable outfit. Also, I'm sorry work has been sucking. I'm sure you're doing an amazing job though Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the boots are adorable! i say 30% chance of rain is good enough for me to run around in mine! ...sorry work has been so awful !

    ReplyDelete
  10. You may have felt silly for wearing rain boots when it wasn't rainy...but they are cute boots. So that makes up for it!
    Just discovered your blog, and I love it :) Love your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I can't imagine a week like that. I feel for ya. My husband is in medical school, I am just praying that residency is good to us! Glad I found your blog so I can keep up with your posts! It's great o get in the minds of other physicians to understand y'all a bit more :)

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger