thursday night dinner

posted on: Friday, February 10, 2012

oh hey there.
 last night i made dinner.

delicious, no?
 i mustered up the energy in my post-operative recovery state
and whipped up some delicious Linguine alla Vongole
(linguine with clams)

"there are 3 lemons. i asked for 12. baby wanted 12."

when a recipe calls for wine, what to do with the rest of the bottle?...

he makes me happy.

dishing it up

taking care of me.
 we've been trying to replicate this recipe
holy seafood.
 from our trip to Kos last summer
and i think we're almost there
last night's was delectable.
even though the fresh parsley i was SURE that we had already
turned out to be cilantro once we got home from the grocery store
so we used dried parsley.
not the same.

here we are at Nick the Fisherman's in Kos Town

look how tan and happy and bald (Nick) we are.
[fact: i wore the same earrings today that i was wearing in that picture.]

thank you all for your concern about my surgery.
it was super minor.
excision of a mole that had a (low) suspicion for malignancy
but that doesn't mean it hurts minorly.
procedures involving any part of the rib cage are the worst.
you can't move, or breathe, or cough, or sneeze
without excruciating pain.

awesome.

and today i start my MICU rotation.
i miiiight have had a minor nervous breakdown last night.
and by might, i clearly mean, definitely did.

wish me luck.

13 comments:

  1. Go you girlie! Hope it all goes well in the MICU :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I don't think you need it: Good Luck today!
    Also I hope you continue to get better quickly! I'm a huge chicken so any procedure (no matter how small) is a big deal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck you will rock it! Your pasta looks divine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck to you! No need for nervousness, you'll be fine :)

    Your dinner looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I've done rotations in a couple hospitals, and I hadnt heard MICU before :P I googled and was relieved that the M was just for medical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. my mouth is watering - that looks amazinggg!!!

    Love "The Breakup" reference. Corey loves to say "What baby wants, baby gets", which I consider a very, very good thing hahaha

    What's life without a few nervous breakdowns here and there? I hope you're feeling better. You're going to do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! And I always drink the rest of the wine when a recipe calls for it - it's just how it's supposed to be!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are going to ROCK MICU! haha. As long as you don't cough, sneeze or breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. aye.. no me gusta these breakdowns.. i hope all is better today!!! but damn girl.. i'm a vegan and you make this food look good to me.. so that must be saying something, right?! bahahaha and i laughed at the break up quote.. bahaha i'm still laughing...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want that meal.

    so, now i think you should be my doctor AND my personal chef.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that movie. LOL! Glad you got some time with your handsome hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad to hear you are doing better and I cannot wait to hear all about your MICU rotation.

    By the way, would you be willing to guest post on my blog in two weeks?

    Email me darling and let me know.
    marielswindow@live.com

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger