good day

posted on: Thursday, March 15, 2012

this is what i look like when i'm reading your blogs.
good morning!
i slept in until 6:09am.
score.

it was my day (night?) off last night
so nick and i slept. in the same bed. at the same time.
i know. you're impressed.

here's a small sampling of what i've been dealing with at work:

a teenage dude so drunk he couldn't protect his own airway from his own vomit. so he bought some plastic and i intubated him. blam. don't get drunk in my ER or you'll end up in the ICU too.

an old lady with a heart rate of 27.
(this is bad.)

a 3-year-old whose hip hurt. turned out it was appendicitis.

lots of vomit.

some blood.

and a computer systems crash that meant i had to wait 4 hours for a measly lab test.
talk about everything coming to a screeching halt.

night shifts are a bit more relaxed at ol' BAMC.
no colonels walking around making everybody all tense.
so we've been jamming to some tunes on a pretty regular basis.

my personal favorite:


favorite lines:
"i got a beep from Kim"
"i didn't even have to use my AK...i gotta say it was a good day"

no AK usage?
that IS a good day.

7 comments:

  1. Thankfully last time I saw a drunk teenager they were sober enough to get themselves to the bathroom before vomiting.

    Heart rate of 27 - woah that is bad - is she okay now?

    Hope the 3yo with the appendicitis gets well soon - my best friend had one at university and got lots of complications :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've somehow stumbled on your blog & I'm loving it- not quite sure how you deal w/your crazy schedule & patients! I definitely don't think I could survive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, love your blog and that song!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhh Emily this reminded me of my older sister's favorite song to jam to on the way to the hospital (she is a 3rd yr. med student) - "Good Day" by Nappy Roots Favorite lines: "Orange juice go good with Patrone" and "Ain't nobody gonna die today!" :) Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go to bed earlier and wake up earlier. You look so cute in the mornings!

    Catherine
    FEST

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're cracking me up right now. And I'm a tough crowd! Lol. Love your little blog and will be following. Love it if you'd stop by and see me sometime. ;)

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger