Montana: Guns and Wakeboards

posted on: Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Charlton Huston and the NRA would be oh so proud of me.

the ol' 30-06
thing kicks like a mule
 
he actually knows what he's doing

i don't. 
clearly.
while we were up on the mountain shooting cans
the heavens opened up on Glen Lake
couldn't decide which of these images i liked better
so i just kept them both in

we were the only two people on Bull Lake
when we found out Nick's Nonni had passed away
fitting, really.
and the most peaceful and beautiful place to let the news sink in.

i have a handsome hubby.
lucky girl, i am. and i know it.
whoever was taking this pic of me didn't really know how to focus my camera
but i like it anyway
wake-surfing. i recommend it.
getting all Montana with a camo hat and a beer
and a teeny fluffy Pomeranian?

sunset wakeboarding. he makes it look good.


Pinkham Falls


the cousins' ranch
one more sunset. just because.


more Montana photos for your viewing pleasure.
i think you can tell we had a great time.
i'm so so thankful we were able to go
and can't wait to get back.


i have been crossing big things off my to-do list:
--i submitted my research protocol to our hospital's Internal Review Board...
they're the ones that give me the green light to execute my research project
so i'm one step closer to getting published in a big fancy medical journal (:

--i submitted my application for a medical license...
to the great state of Nebraska!
why Nebraska? well...as a military doc, I can pick whatever state I want.
and Nebraska is the cheapest. 
practicality first and foremost. forevermore.

i feel like there should be more, because i've felt so BUSY.
but really, that's it.
i probably redid my pedicure at some point as well.

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos! Looks like you guys had a great time. Wakeboarding is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shots! You two are so awesome... seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures. The rain storm, the lake, the waterpump... wow.
    I don't know which one I like better either- first I thought the one with the canoes, then I thought the other one, then I went back... I get posting them both.
    Yay for getting work stuff done- that always feels so good, although it's probably because I tend to put it off until the last minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nebraska! How funnny as I live in Iowa but work in Nebraska (we are border communities) so how cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been eyeballing Montana for a while now, and your pictures have confirmed that I have to go! Looks like you had a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loooooving all of these montana photos em. so so stunning (you, and montana)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a glorious trip!!! can we come next time? please?

    and yay for you crossing off BIG things, girl! you deserve, at least, three beers today to celebrate (;

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...and i meant to say "good" beer (;

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm from Nebraska! You should definitely come here.

    I can't even tell you how much I liked these pictures. You guys make the most gorgeous outdoorsy wakeboarder hiking people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!!! Your lake pics are amazing - especially those sunset ones!
    Glad you are ticking off that to do list - may be a few things but they are BIG deals...
    x

    Caley - www.ellieloveblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger