DNA repair

posted on: Tuesday, September 18, 2012

no, I haven't discovered a cure for cancer.
this post is about makeup.

i know.
it's a doctor's blog.
could've gone either way.


but i digress.
remember when i said i was getting sponsored?
this post is about one of the perks.
SkinCareRx sent me a free product.
and i'm here to tell you all about it.
this is a sponsored post.
did you get that?

me. sans makeup.
so here's me.
post shower, pre makeup.
this is a tale about my daily beauty routine.

 here's Neova DNA Damage Control.
say hello to my little friend.

so it's kind of got the consistency of liquid foundation, only thinner.
prior to trying this stuff, i'd jumped on the BB cream bandwagon
and i wasn't entirely unhappy
it's just that my face got all greasy with the BB cream
in this insane Texas heat

not so with DNA damage control
post-application of DNA damage control
in medicine, we'd say "status post" application of DNA damage control
because we're huge nerds.
anyway. see my face?
not shiny.
sorta glowy.
still see my skin and not a crazy amount of foundation.


best part is, this stuff has SPF 45 and a moisturizer in it too
i love tools that multitask.

meet the rest of my beauty routine:
Lorac POREfection in PF5
MAC bronzing powder in Refined Golden
MAC eyeshadow in Paradisco and Mythology
MAC eyeliner in Smolder
Maybelline Volume Express mascara in Very Black
Smith's lip balm in Minted Rose
and some assorted brushes


and here's the finished product

my skin has a lot of imperfections
this is a product of growing up in Florida. basically on the equator.
once, somebody told me "your face looks like one giant freckle"
super cute.
but i embrace the imperfections, instead of caking makeup on to cover them up
this DNA damage control is perfect for that
a little coverage, but still mostly me.




i blow kisses whenever i can.
which is not often.


oh, and remember when i said i was doing 25 Songs, 25 Days?
i keep forgetting.
but here's day two: a song that reminds you of your most recent ex
I Will Follow You into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie on Grooveshark
my "most recent" breakup was in 2007. super recent.
and this song was my ringtone whenever he called.
gosh i love Death Cab for Cutie.
"What Sarah Said" was my theme song in 2005...
which was the first year i worked in a hospital
but anyway. don't you love this song?

5 comments:

  1. that song definitely reminds me of an ex too. ahhh death cab. i watched that video for what sarah said probably a thousand times in a row one day when i was really sad. it made me even sadder, and it was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this makeup is really light? I'm dreading finding a moisturizer/sunscreen that I can use in NC, since I've been slathering on the thick stuff here and in drIdaho. (Yeah, I just made that up. But it's how my skin felt there.) I might have to check this stuff out...
    Also, pretty sure there's a law against you being that gorgeous AND that smart. Save something for the rest of us, why don't 'cha?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE your daily make-up routine!

    and yes, you is glowing, sista..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous lovely lady! Your make up routine is like mine - actually more than mine lol. I'm a bit of a ladette when it comes to mornings lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I might need to try this skin care stuff. I have issues finding products that don't make my face a grease pit!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger