oh my Darling

posted on: Tuesday, October 2, 2012

artwork by Angela Duncan

...
tell me you don't feel inspired after reading that.


this is the mission statement of Darling Magazine
a new magazine that celebrates the art of being a woman.


i caught wind of this beautiful little upstart from my friend Rachel
remember her? (hint: she's the bride) photo credit: jessica lorren organic photography
who is way cooler than i am
and lives in L.A.
and goes to magazine launches and stuff
rach and one of the amazing women behind the launch

they had a teepee. at the launch. i mean...
needless to say, i couldn't wait to get my hands on a copy
so i ordered one




and it's simply...darling.
152 pages of deliciously thick paper
full of gorgeous photography (think Elizabeth Messina-gorgeous)
recipes, fashion, beauty, tips on how to be a more perfect hostess
and most endearingly...
...words


article after empowering article
inspiring me to be better, yet affirming that i am good enough
each exploring Darling's eight personas:
the dreamer, the stylist, the achiever, the confidant
the hostess, the beautician, the intellectual, the explorer
i'm still in the process of devouring them
but i can honestly say, i have never had such a raw, positive, emotional response
from a publication before.


intrigued?
you should be.
get yours. it's published quarterly.
like seasons.


and, oh.
i'm not getting any compensation from Darling for telling you about this.
i paid for my own magazine because after perusing the website
i knew this was something worth believing in
and i support it.
just wanted you to know.

10 comments:

  1. so random. i know the girl who started the who entire thing and a couple of the other main contributors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a great publication. And I would not have known about it except for your blog- checking it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been hearing so much buzz about this magazine, I may just have to order myself a copy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing this post, Em! It's just too amazing NOT to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard of that magazine from another blog, and I'm pretty interested. I normally don't buy magazines anymore, just because I pretty much just read it once, but I do like that this one has such a great message to it, and that it's an independent brand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. very inspiring indeed. thanks for sharing!
    you are cooler than you think. you darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ummmmm - ive heard of this mag but now i'm sold. i'm ordering mine today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa small world! The girl in the second picture (on the left) was my small group leader in middle school/high school in Georgia! Blogging makes the world seem so small sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to check it out. How inspiring is the mission statement? Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger