The Lone Bellow

posted on: Friday, January 18, 2013

[via]

if you've been reading this blog for a while,
you may remember me mentioning this band before.
they've gone through a couple of name changes over the years,
but i'm so proud to announce that their new album has finally dropped.
blogosphere, meet The Lone Bellow.


this band is very near and dear to my heart.
Zach Williams (above right) and I went to college together
at Palm Beach Atlantic University.
as you can read more about in NPR's feature, Zach was not always a musician.
i remember when he could barely play the guitar (:
he began writing songs while his wife Stacy was hospitalized for a spinal cord injury
after falling off a horse while they were at home in Georgia.
he used to lead worship at our university chapel services
and i sang with the band.


good lord it was such a debacle:
it was my senior year
i was working two 12-hr night shifts a week
as a nursing assistant on a telemetry ward at the hospital
so i would get off work at 7am, grab a nap for a couple hours,
then get up in time to go sing in chapel at 11am.
but sometimes i didn't make it.
Zach would call 5 minutes before chapel, wake me up, and be like,
you aren't coming, are you....


now Zach and Stacy and their gorgeous girls Loretta Faye and Betty Pearl
live in Brooklyn
and Nick and i live in Texas
a lot has changed for us all
but there is just nothing quite like watching someone you believe in find success
such an incredible feeling.


i've had the album on repeat all week
(i scored an early download as one of their Kickstarter supporters. lucky lucky me.)
and found myself with goosebumps on my arms and tears in my eyes on multiple occasions
the lyrics are so incredibly poignant
the harmonies are deliciously on point
and the passion in Zach's voice will kill you dead.


so it is with great pride and joy that i highly highly recommend this band to you
their first single "Bleeding Out" is iTunes' free Single of the Week
(and the album is a bargain at $7.99)
oh. and ps. they're performing on Conan on 1/22/2013. so go set your DVRs.
watching them perform is such a treat.
i posted one of their videos on Monday, and some of you already checked them out.
how wise.


go do it! you won't regret it.

4 comments:

  1. I've been looking for some new music... a few songs into this CD and am already in love. Thank you for the recommendation! Been reading your blog for a few months now. As a recent college grad who was pre-med and decided it wasn't for me the day before my MCAT class started, your blog has helped me realize it truly wasn't for me. I admire your strength, dedication, and passion to medicine. We need physicians like you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw the video link Monday I went and downloaded their album. I LOVE it! I knew I would because I have liked all the music you've shared on your blog. We must be like music twins ;-) If you don't already listen to them, you must go check out Lord Huron. I LOVE them, their album Lonesome Dreams is amazing. I think you'll love it. Hope all is well! I love your blog and you're the cutest. It was fun living vicariously through you on Instagram while you were running around Europe! Jealous, but you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely hooked! great album! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sang in chapel? I had no idea that you could sing! That's what I did in college too. I actually kinda miss it.

    Just listened to a few songs on iTunes...love it! Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger