good friday

posted on: Friday, March 29, 2013


yesterday one of best and oldest friends came to visit
Mellie and I go all the way back to freshman orientation at good ol' PBAU
she and her hubby Chris are in town for her brother's wedding, so they stopped by
 not surprisingly (or is it?), i had a bottle of bubbly lying around
so we popped that ish and celebrated my chiefdom with someone who actually enjoys the champs
(nick doesn't. so unfortunate.)
 then we went to the River and paparazzi'd ourselves silly
before stuffing our faces with Mexican food


there's not enough to be said about how wonderful old friends are
we picked right back up where we'd left off and didn't miss a single step.
we talked about books and politics and gossiped a bit about old friends
we stole glances at our husbands who had met for the first time and were thoroughly enjoying one another's company.
we commiserated about the awkwardness that exists when you are a married couple of a certain age with no imminent plans for a baby.
it was just so good. refreshing. soul-cleansing. 
Mellie, you are a good one. you can squat on my couch any day.
and tell John Rogers i said hello. :)


enjoy your Easter weekend everyone. think of me in the burn unit...

8 comments:

  1. Yes, old friends are truly awesome. I never once worry about what to say even if they disagree. We've just been through so much. When my college friends and I get together, I love seeing how all our husbands/significant others get along. It's a good thing because they would be super bored otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your jacket. Where did you get it? I have a black one that I wear all the time, but I need a brown one! Happy Easter weekend to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that why a bff is a bff? So you can always pick up where you left off? I live half way across the country from most of my bffs and I so appreciate when I make it home and can spend time together without ever missing a beat.

    p.s. your hair looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like such a sweet weekend. Nothing better than an old friend, mexi food and a bottle of champs. I always think of Heather Dubrow when anyone says champs....oh those OC housewives!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you get lots of questions about when you're going to have a baby even though you two are still residents?! I just turned 30 with no eminent plans for a baby and now friends are guilt tripping me! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that first photo in this post- WOW! Something about it is just so beautiful to me. Sounds like you had a lovely evening with friends. My parents waited 6 years to have me, their first kid, and it's only started occurring to me now, as an adult, how much awkwardness and questioning they must have gone through for their choice!

    Some Snapshots Blog
    Jes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be cool if I knew how to spell my own name *Jess haha

      Delete
  7. this has nothing to do what the post, but I need that jacket. old friends and mexican food are always great combinations!

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger