spring makeover

posted on: Monday, March 25, 2013

notice anything different around here?


i gave this space a bit of a makeover.
simplified. brightened things up. and changed my name.


the name change has been something i've been pondering for a long time now.
when i first started blogging, i picked "em=me" as a play on words based off a nickname i had in college. i had no idea that blogging would be something i would really get into, or that i'd still be doing it nearly 3 years later.
OR that i would feel like my blog name was so narcissistic.


more than narcissism though, em=me just didn't seem to say anything about me or what i blog about...except that my name is Em.


enter the doctors fleming. again, it's based off a nickname. something our friends occasionally call us when they're feeling fancy. but i feel like it does a better job of describing what i actually blog about: being a doctor, and being married to one.


so there it is. the why behind the what. i'm still working on the design elements. doing a lot of googling on html code, and enlisting the help of some incredibly talented friends. like Heather, from Paper Please, who designed my header that i.am.obsessed.with. (seriously check out her Etsy shop. you may see someone familiar...) and my social media buttons.
you guys have no idea how long i have coveted social media buttons. too long.


i may be a good doctor (emphasis on the "may"), but blog/site design is not my forte and i feel like a genuine idiot 99% of the time trying to fumble my way through it. so if you're clicking around and something doesn't work, don't be shy. point it out. let me know.
i'll try to google how to fix it.


and now, a snapshot from our weekend:


sums us up pretty well, i think. dark, smoky honkytonk bar. blurry image with a finger over the lens. grinning like fools.


the doctors fleming, everyone.

24 comments:

  1. love the new look, it looks great! i am contemplating a blog name change too...i started mine when i was planning my wedding and now it doesn't make that much sense. too bad all the good ones i've thought up so far have been taken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! and i love the doctors fleming. i wish i had something cute like that. i wanna be cool like yoouu.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks great! i love the new name. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i AM IN LOVE!!!! it looks so clean... but not in the sterile oh hi i'm a doctor kind of way (;

    seriously love it.. almost as much as i love that photo... because THOSE kinds of photos are truly the best aka the worst! (;

    ReplyDelete
  5. I opened your post right after Fairy tales are true, and had to do a double take. template twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the new blog deisgn and name, it feels very "you"! I hope you had a great weekend off! Based on Instagram it looked like it was :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great! That heading is perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So flipping cute!! Love the new name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You changed! Wow. The blog looks great though :) And I like the new name, especially that it suits more of what you're about.
    I think it's great that you've been trying to do all the html stuff yourself mostly! I looked into doing that myself, but it was too hard for me to figure out. So good for you on that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your layout, its so clean and minimal

    ReplyDelete
  11. I dig it. I still haven't branched out from the templates other than to play around with width and layouts -- One of these days I will get fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute! I LOVE the new design! Actually I've been working on doing something similar. I need more simplicity :) And love the new name too! Suits you very well! And yes, you are a good doctor!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new looks and name change!!! Cute pic :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing! I really love ready an articles related in medical professionals! There are lots of doctors world-wide but we need to choose the trustworthy and reliable doctor for our own safety.


    optometrist columbia sc

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like it girl.

    and dammit, give me that skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new look. It's cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the new look! And the new name, everything looks fantastic. Nothing like a spring makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE the new design and new name - definitely more you!! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I mean... it's about time.

    no seriously.. looks beautiful. as do you. and also your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it. the doctors fleming is so fancy. and the design is perfect :)

    ReplyDelete

your words are like music to my soul...and if you leave a comment, check back here for a response.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

the doctors fleming All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger